Thursday, February 21, 2008

Storing and Downloading a Podcast

Some blog software like Movable Type, WordPress, and Manila have automatic support for MP3 attachments. As I am using Blogger, which does not allow you to add the MP3 file automatically, so I chose to use OurMedia.org, which provides free storage for videos, audio files, photos text or software. This was not easy. I spent an entire evening trying to upload my MP3 file and then download it to my blog. I think my podcast is somewhere in cyberspace now, hopefully on OurMedia.org, but it doesn’t seem to want to be a part of the blog. I will look at it again tomorrow with fresh (uncrossed) eyes.

Trying Again

It is Will Richardson who rescues me again! Instead of trying to copy the HTML code onto my blog post (as OurMedia suggests), I copied and pasted the URL (like Richardson suggests) and on the second try, it WORKED. (Huge sigh of relief). If I were to do this with students, it would be worth using Wordpress for my blog, just so I don’t have to go through this process everytime I want to post a podcast. I would say learning about podcasts and subscribing to them was easy but learning to make a podcast is clearly more complex. I will need more time to master this Web 2.0 tool and certainly must invest more time in order to feel comfortable enough to use this tool with my students.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Hmmm. When I tried to use OurMedia, I'd sware it wasn't there. I wonder what I did wrong? Arlene