Saturday, January 19, 2008

Intro Blog: Starting my Own Blog

Before I started my own blog, I watched this set of three short videos on teacher tube.
I was surprised at how easy it was to set up a blog. I took Richardson’s advice and chose Blogger, which is owned by Google, to host my weblog. I like that Blogger is free, easy to use and has some level of privacy so I can eventually use it as a class blog. I also like that I can host as many blogs as I like from the same “dashboard” (after logging in) by just choosing Create a Blog. Given all the different new Web 2.0 technologies I am learning about, keeping them organized is a priority.
It took me about twenty minutes to set up the initial blog which involved going to Blogger, registering and selecting a name. When I was ready to start my first posting, I was able to figure out the process in a few minutes. It took me a little longer to figure out how to edit my posts, (under the posting tab), but now it is easy. My next step will be to add a picture but that may need to wait until next week!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the suggestion to check out TeacherTube. What surprised me the most is that it was recorded on January 8th and it was put up on the 18th. I wasn't expecting it to be created so receintly. I did end up watching it in 50 second chunks (slow computer and connection) and, unfortunately, I couldn't find part 2 and 3!

Arlene